Prepping for 01-01
December 29, 2011
It's that time again: New Year's Resolutions. I'm going to keep my list short and sweet this year. And hopefully simple and basic enough that I can actually do it. So here are my resolutions for the new year.
- Become less of a consumer of information
- Become a creator of information, or of something at least
- Write one of the programs floating around in my head
- Write down one new research topic every week day
- 4x weekly of 30+ minutes exercise (kinda already started this one)
There may be more to come, but this is the starter list. One of my biggest goals in number one there. I read a lot. And I mean a whole lot. Blogs, Hacker News, Lifehacker, and things of the sort. That needs to get under control, and I need to start actually writing things, or doing something rather than just sitting around reading. I need a project that I can be passionate about and want to work on in my spare time. Some of those come and go, but none have stuck.
Anyway, that's how I hope to start the new year. Any other ideas for New Year's Resolutions besides the usual?
I'm Ryan Schuetzler, a husband and father, professor at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and professional nerd. You can follow me on twitter, but there's not much there.